Monday, November 05, 2007

Frederiksborg Castle-amazingly gorgeous!

Nadja and her Grandma walking through town toward the castle.


Getting to the castle perimeter.

Approaching the castle gates and entrance.

In the inner courtyard.


Checking out he statues and inner courtyard.




The front of the castle going into the museum inside.

King Christian IV built this castle in the late 1500's, early 1600's, and this is some of his fine silver and nice tapestries on his wall.


More tapestries.

The fam in the giant ballroom, covered with amazing portraits, intricate carvings all over, and just amazing history all around.


The church inside the castle, also with many great artworks of Christ, the apostles, etc. One room in here has Carl Bloch's works throughout (you'd recognize them because the church uses them throughout the temples and ward houses)



Leaving the interior of the castle to walk around to the gardens behind.


Walking around the side of the castle, and over part of the moat to the gardens behind. It was really windy, blowing leaves all over (check out Laney's flinching!)

More pics of the awesome walking path around the castle and over the moat.


Entrance to the gardens. I guess in the summertime there are roses spread throughout.


In the first set of gardens. The gardens go on to several lakes, forests, etc. but we were all getting cold and tired from all the walking, (plus the batteries on the camera died)

The gorgeous view of the first set of gardens, the lake/moat, and the castle. (Can you see a crown shape in the bushes below?) This is my favorite spot thus far. Simply amazing!

6 comments:

ZhaoKids said...

I am very convinced that you guys are going on vacation over there..from so many photos I don't even see any photo of places of work or see any people that look like they are working. Great job to be able to get away..hehehe

I need to do that too, tell me how you guys did it!

MikeG Family said...

Wow you guys! The only word to describe all of this is breathtaking! I love looking at all these pictures and seeing all the fun and beautiful places you guys are visiting. These look like places I've only seen in magazines...and you guys are there! Why, oh why didn't I try to hide in one of your suitcases and sneak over there with you? :}

Kitty said...

Wow is all I can say too! How beautiful and exciting and historical and magical and fun! Castles really do have moats, huh? I must visit there too! I have never really desired traveling, but now I am in on the next Campbell tour! Love and miss you all!
Val

Smoothie said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!! Thomas ate my phone or I would try and call you. (Seriously it is out of commission, its okay because I am thinking of canceling it anyway)

Anyways I love the pics and I hope you are celebrating 'Danish' style.

P.s. Just in case any else didn't know Ben is now a might 28!!

Smoothie said...

'mighty 28' ... somehow that y got left off

Da said...

Ben!! Happy Birthday man!! I hope you having fun over there for your birthday!