
We like going to Snowbird in the fall when they have German Oktoberfest and get a bratwurst and pretend we're in Germany. So we went this year and they had all kinds of fun things to do. The kids jumped on a big castle-jumpy-thing.

And slid down...


Then we took the short ski lift up. We didn't tell the kids they were getting on the ski lift 'cause we knew they wouldn't want to. But as soon as we got on it, they loved it.

Then we went and had some bratwurst while listening to the German music in the background. (Notice Ty in the background biting into a pickle...he ate the whole thing.)

Laney eating her overpriced bratwurst!!!

Laney and Ty sharing some cotton candy.

After we were done eating we took the tram up to the top of the mountain and saw these people playing the alphorn. It sounded really cool. I have a little video where you can hear them play. I'll have to put it on later.

Okay, I don't know what this was all about. Laney started posing like this and then Ty thought he should do this too.

The beautiful view of the Salt Lake valley.

It was so weird, there were a million ladybugs on top of the mountain. I'm sure we killed a ton of them just walking around. It was really strange.

Ty studying a ladybug on his finger.

There is a tunnel that goes from Snowbird to Alta. Inside there's a rolling sidewalk for the skiers and then a little sidewalk. So we walked through it (it was cold..).....

...and took the ski lift back down to Snowbird.

Some people that were going up the ski lift told us, when they passed by, that there was a deer on the mountain that we should look for.

Cute Laney on the ski lift. Both kids (and me) were freezing until we got closer to the Snowbird Lodge.

Here's my "German" kids dancing around!!!
9 comments:
I've never been to Oktoberfest. These pictures make me really want to go. Even if I have to buy an overpriced bratwurst. The view from the ski lift must be beautiful. Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Those jumping houses looked like you guys where having a blast! That is weird how you guys saw all those ladybugs! LOVE all the pics!
That is really cool! You are a good photographer! You look like you had a blast!
they have these things here too.So I want to them while we are here.It brings us back to the days we were there.(Germany).
Looks like lots of fun! We will have to remember that for next year
What a fun day! I'm glad you got to go be German for the day... I loved all the pics, but the last one is funny! So good to see you this weekend! I love my witch's hat you made us!!!!
Good Job it looks like you guys had a lot of fun. We have never been to a Oktoberfest, but it looks like a lot of fun. Cute pictures of Laney and Ty.
Now I want to go to Oktoberfest! Mmm...when I was pregnant, I always craved a Cheese Brat....mmm....I want one now...(but I'm NOT prego!) Love all the Pics!
Oh my daughter would have loved all those lady bugs!! Thanks for stopping by my blog too!!!
Post a Comment